Get Your Medals

Get Your Medals

How to obtain your Military Service Records, Military Medical Records, or Medals and Awards.

In order to recieve your Military Service Records/Medical Records or Medals and Awards, you should visit one of the following sites and update yourself on the information that is requested. Then download the correct form (SF-180). When completing the form fill in as much information as possible and if possible do not leave any lines blank.

Note: All forms are in PDF format. This means that you will have to download *Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to read and print these files

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)

NARA's Military Personnel Records - Military Medals and Awards

NARA's Regional Records Services Facilities

National Personnel Records Center (NPRC)

You may download the Form - SF-180 at the following locations:

SF-180 Request Pertaining To Military Records - DVA

Forms used by VBA (Veterans Benefits Administration)